grocery stores in Santiago

Jeffrey Crawley jt.crawleyaUKONLINE.CO.UK
Mon Apr 5 01:26:04 PDT 2004

If you head down the hill towards the Seminario you'll pass the municipal
market with all sorts of fresh produce, local cheeses etc. Just opposite is the
La Radio cafe which does the most excellent chocolate caliente y churros - in
themselves a good reason to walk 500 miles :o)

For those of us still fighting shy of using our Spanish the is the Centro
Commercial (by the Red Cross building - it'll be on the map you're usually
given at the Pilgrim Office) with the large Al Campo supermarket - be warned,
it's an enormous cultural shock after the countryside.

(You won't believe it but they have these moving staircases that take you from
floor to floor and you just have to stand there! - now if they could just
install one of these at O Cebriero . . . .)