Texts

D. Whitson puesaU.WASHINGTON.EDU
Thu Sep 18 09:29:40 PDT 2003

Hi all-

I'm trying to assemble a useful list of Camino-related texts for my
students (most only speak English and limited Spanish).  If you have a
moment, I'd appreciate your assessment of the most interesting/useful
examples of each of the following:

1) Pilgrim journal (past or contemporary, excluding the Codex)
2) Work of literature set along the Camino (does not need to actually
involve the Camino, ex. Hemingway)
3) Spanish history text, whether focused specifically on one
region/event/person, or a broad primer.
4) Survey of the Camino's art and architecture (excluding Davidson and
Gitlitz's cultural handbook).

If you know of other essential works that don't fit into these categories,
or must-read texts only available in Spanish, I'd love to hear about them
as well.

Thanks!
Dave Whitson