The Camino Portugues and Plata

Rosina Lila BlaroliaAOL.COM
Fri Oct 31 11:24:33 PST 2003

Hi Deanna,
The commentator that is walking the Galicia Caminos just started out on the
Via de la Plata.  His full report should be available in a week or so.
He finished the Portuguese Way last week and the translation of his report
thereon should appear on the www.caminoasantiago.com  website today or tomorrow.
 I did not walk the Via DE la Plata but traversed it by car, and it seemed to
me that there were long stretches (as much as 50 kms) without facilities for
pilgrims.  Last August they were in the process of building quite a few
albergues, and the Friends Associations both in Granada and Sevilla were planning
pilgrim assistance centers throughout the Via, but as I understood it, they
would not be ready until next year.