The Camino Portugues and Plata

athena deannabowlingaYAHOO.COM
Fri Oct 31 09:04:41 PST 2003

Rosina and others who may have walked the Via de la Plata:
What part of Marianne's experience may apply to the Plata as well as the Portugues?
Most particularly, is it safe for a woman alone?
Are there a lot of sections along busy roads?
Thank you,
Deanna

Rosina Lila <BlaroliaAOL.COM> wrote:
Thank you for your informative reply Marianne,
But, wouldn't carrying one's own food and drink add considerable to the other "carryings"?  -Your first message alluded to the dearth of bars and stores. Where would the food be obtained?-
And, what are the cooking facilities?  fireplaces? ovens?  microwaves?
My potential fellow pilgrims are particularly interested in these details, as am I.
Thanks loads!
Rosina