Xacobeo and Football and pilgrims of a lesser kind

Rev. Gerald Fraser mad.monkaCOMCAST.NET
Mon Oct 13 08:10:32 PDT 2003

Carli,

I've been privileged to visit many places of pilgrimage.  I think you would
find the same thing anywhere.  I'm very glad you found help when you needed
it.  I'm confident that, indeed there are many kinds of pilgrims and that
none of them fits neatly into any one category.  As pilgrims, we need to be
able to take that bad with the good.
As for commercialization, regardless of how you view it, it is a fact of
life.  Where there is the possibility of making a living, there will be
those who will grab at it.  Some will do it with some dignity, and some
will be completely crass.  I'm afraid it's up to us not to let these
inevitabilities distract us from our Camino.

Buen Camino,
Fr. Gerry