Memorial day Veterans Day

Tania A. Robson taniaraGOLDEN.NET
Tue Nov 11 16:47:27 PST 2003

.....and to add to this......Rememberance Day in Canada!

Tania :-)
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jeffrey Crawley
  To: GOCAMINOapete.uri.edu
  Sent: November 11, 2003 2:30 PM
  Subject: Re: Memorial day Veterans Day

  And, of course, Rememberance Day in Britain and the Commonwealth.

  Those of you who found your way through to listen to the recent BBC
  interviews on the web might like to listen to a radio play tomorrow
  (Wednesday 12th November) on Radio 4 at 14.15hrs GMT.

  The review in my TV & Radio guide says:

  "In 1987 a grave was excavated in Worcester Cathedral.in an area usually
  reserved for the church elite, but the discovery of simple clothes and a
  cockleshell in the grave revealed that the man buried there was a pilgrim.
  Alex Jones' Afternoon Play -The Worcester Pilgrim (2.15pm, R4) is a flight
  of the.imagination spinning off from this discovery, being the story of
  William Dunn, a poor pilgrim who arrives at the gates of the cathedral in
  1403 and is turned away by the Prior before collapsing on the steps. He is
  taken in, and his Christ-like simplicity puts the decadence of the
  Prior -and the church itself -into question. David Hargreaves plays the
  pilgrim."

  Purely for entertainment of course.

  regards

  Jeffrey