Memorial day Veterans Day

Jeffrey Crawley jt.crawleyaUKONLINE.CO.UK
Tue Nov 11 11:30:48 PST 2003

And, of course, Rememberance Day in Britain and the Commonwealth.

Those of you who found your way through to listen to the recent BBC
interviews on the web might like to listen to a radio play tomorrow
(Wednesday 12th November) on Radio 4 at 14.15hrs GMT.

The review in my TV & Radio guide says:

"In 1987 a grave was excavated in Worcester Cathedral.in an area usually
reserved for the church elite, but the discovery of simple clothes and a
cockleshell in the grave revealed that the man buried there was a pilgrim.
Alex Jones' Afternoon Play -The Worcester Pilgrim (2.15pm, R4) is a flight
of the.imagination spinning off from this discovery, being the story of
William Dunn, a poor pilgrim who arrives at the gates of the cathedral in
1403 and is turned away by the Prior before collapsing on the steps. He is
taken in, and his Christ-like simplicity puts the decadence of the
Prior -and the church itself -into question. David Hargreaves plays the
pilgrim."

Purely for entertainment of course.

regards

Jeffrey