Miam-miam

David Hough caminooakappleaYAHOO.COM
Wed May 21 10:16:09 PDT 2003

Miam Miam Dodo is now two books, one in French for the Le Puy
to SJPP route, and one in simple Spanish (200 word vocabulary for
benefit of francophones) for SJPP to Santiago.

Both are excellent, updated annually, and fairly readily available
along their routes and probably from the Confraternity of St James
as well as (as others have reported) amazon.com or amazon.fr

The main complaint I´ve heard is that they are kind of heavy in
terms of density of information per gram.    You can make up your
own mind.    I´m currently in Navarra relying on MMD and the
CSJ guide.     But what I´d really like are topo-guides like those
the FFRP publishes for the Le Puy route and others in France.
Maybe they are out there but I haven´t found them yet.   I like to
know more about the surroundings than I can glean from the maps
in MMD or in Millan Bravo.

David Hough
http://camino.oakapple.net