Fisterra properties

pieter pannevis p.pannevisaCHELLO.NL
Mon Mar 31 08:15:43 PST 2003

Dear all,

Agreeing with my good friend Robert who states  - on his journey from Arles
to Fisterra – the walk from Fisterra town to the lighthouse was quite all
right. !
The route is a good tarmac road that leads you out of Fisterra – see the
last and first church of Europe - and with a veere (where there is a tap) to
the lighthouse. I’ve walked the road twice up and down and never experienced
anything abnormal about it. I drove up to the lighthouse (which is partly
hotel now) and didn’t notice anything steep regarding to changing gears
either.
I would like to discourage people to go down to the waterfront!
Just see the sinking sun- enjoy it silently with al the pilgrims there – see
the small boats returning to the harbour and reflect on your Camino!
For me Fisterra was the highlight of my journeys – as there was no going on
and there was no going back.
It was upwards- Suseya- all was new. All was first. Coming from the “ends of
the earth” it was a wonderful feeling after having seeing the sunset. To
have your personal sunrise.
Upwards and onwards.
All things I saw coming from the lighthouse were first things I saw in
Europe !
 I did pay my respects to this in the first church I met
and it was good!
You will be in time to celebrate it on another level with good paella in one
of the town’s restaurants!

With kind regards to ALL !
Pieter

---