Ultreia E Suseia

Maura Santangelo maurasantangeloaSTNY.RR.COM
Tue Mar 18 04:43:53 PST 2003

ultra, adverb and preposition in Latin, according to my dictionary from
my days in the Liceo, means 'beyond, in addition to'  as in  'usque ad
Accium et ultra'  (to Accio and beyond) I do not know what form ultreya
is in.  Our English ulterior is derived from it.  The form ultro is
also an adverb and has a similar meaning 'further, on the other side,
in addition to, spontaneously' miserescimus ultro (in addition we feel
compassion) .  Sus is another adverb it means above

If the quote is indeed ultreya e suseya, and not 'et' my guess is that
this is not latin but what we would call volgare in Italian.  The
transitional form of latin.

There must be a medieval scholar out there who can help us

Maura