"Mature" walking

Sally Haden hadense1948aHOTMAIL.COM
Fri Jun 13 13:31:41 PDT 2003

I read today Sharon's message and see that "a few years ago" when she did
the Camino she was already 59, so that makes me feel young already!  Sharon,
have you written any books about the Camino?
And does anyone want to share about walking the Camino as a more "mature"
pilgrim?  I am building up my health right now, in preparation for making a
part of the Camino in the autumn or next year I hope, but even then I can't
see myself keeping up with those who make up the majority who I gather
average age 30, and I fear getting miserable and depressed about getting
left behind, or trying to keep up beyond my strength. Age is supposed to
make one more patient and sensible, but I don't know if my personality ever
heard of that rule!  Any comments, anyone?
Sally