Boots

Kerrie Littlejohn kerrielittlejohnaHOTMAIL.COM
Wed Jun 4 14:41:09 PDT 2003

Hello everyone,

I am leaving in 24 days to begin the pilgrimage for a second time. This time in Roncevalles. The last time I went I wore my leather expedition boots. However, in recent years I have been working on my ultralight backpacking skills and have my pack down to about 13 pounds without food so I don't think the expedition boots are necessary this time. I was wondering what you all wore when you made your pilgrimage and if you have any recommendations on what type of footwear one should wear. I know I want more stability that just walking shoes or cross-trainers, but I don't think the boots I have would be ideal for a light pack and the hot Spanish summer. Thanks in advance for your advice. Buen Camino, Kerrie