Thanks for the tips for a newcomer

Rebekah Scott rebritesaYAHOO.COM
Wed Jun 4 13:28:41 PDT 2003

Ms. Hayden:
You're right about your Camino already having started!
As for that 100 km. rule...does that "Compostela" certificate really mean that much? I'm sure many people find it vital. For me, it was anticlimactic, a real footnote to striding into the Plaza Obradorio and turning round to see that great cathedral stretching upward just in front of us...and having the bells begin to peal at just that moment!
I wept then, not so much because I'd made it, after years of dreaming and planning and weeks of walking. I cried because I didn't want it to be over.
Just do what you can, when you can. 100 km is just a number.
Like they say thereabouts: A Santiago nunca se llega, solo se va.
Ultreya!
Rebekah

Rebekah Scott, journalista
'The more I learn, the less I know.'