Iberia flights to and from Santiago

Rosina Lila BlaroliaAOL.COM
Sun Jun 1 19:11:07 PDT 2003

Hello Rebekah,
I was puzzled by a message you posted earlier regarding a supposed action
visited by some "grannies"  upon an offending bicyclist.
Where and when did this happen?
I have asked my friends in the Camino about it, and thay are as surprised by
the incident and incredulous of it as I.
It would appear that by "grannies" you allude to women of an age when they
could be grandmothers, such as myself.  Well, speaking for myself, and other
walking female pilgrims about my age, I can assure you that we husband and focus
our  energy on our objective, and use our walking sticks  to keep moving
forward, with no inclination or desire to waste time or movement on anything else.
I have walked the Camino three times, spending about six months there
altogether, and I have never, ever, observed anything remotely resembling what you
claim you witnessed.
Further, because at our mature age we, of grand-motherly age, are less
burdened with emotional temporal distractions, we tend to make the pilgrimage with
somewhat of a deeper spiritual purpose quite at odds with the impulsive
reaction that you described which appears to be more in the realm of youthful
energetic reactions.
I find your description puzzling in the extreme; perhaps if you cite the
particular place and time of the alleged occurrence some sense may be made of it.
Regards,
Rosina