Curiosity

Eldor Pederson eopedersonaMSN.COM
Sat Jul 12 09:39:57 PDT 2003

There is a wealth of information available on Camino topics in German on the Internet, indeed some of the very best websites on the Camino come from Germany and especially from Austria and Switzerland. A few suggested sites include:

Ultreïa - Willkommen auf dem "JakobsNet" I am unable to determine if this is a labor of love by an individual or a site for an organization, but it is truly extensive and provides information with special emphasis on the Swiss aspects of the pilgrimage, including various pilgrim routes in Switzerland itself. Some or all of the pages are also available in English, French, Castellano, and Swedish (!) Annoying electronic music accompanies pages.

Pilgerorte.  This site in German has descriptions of various pilgrimage destinations in Europe, including a good descriptive page about Santiago and the routes to it. (30-1-03)

Jakobsweb.  This is a most wonderful site for anyone who reads German. It is dense with information.

Michael Großmann. This site from Austria is of breathtaking scope, posted by Herr Dr. Groβman who walked from Somport to Santiago in 2001. Among many other things, it includes a good list of links to other sites in German. (23-2-03)

If you wish further information, please contact me directly.

E. O. Pederson