Traveling During Political Unrest

Lydia Banales lydiaaBANALES.NET
Sat Jan 25 07:37:48 PST 2003

Years ago the Kingston Trio sang a song that began, "They're rioting in
Africa..." Things haven't really changed very much. Someone else was
writing about traveling on the Camino with a very diverse group of
friends, living out the example of harmony among people. I think her
attitude is what is going to bring us closer to peace. Some people are
going to be negative no matter what. Europeans think us a very violent
people. And if you watch the news, they're right.  Living in Los Angeles
area, it's amazing the violence right in my own back yard. I am amazed
at the continual helpfulness and kindness of the Spanish people along
the Camino. They have had strangers tramping through their lands for
years, yet they understand our needs and put up with us.  "Let there be
peace on earth and let it begin with me." Lydia