maintaining web pages/ internet access

Crawford A Mathieson crawford_mathiesonaWEBSITEPROJECTS.CO.UK
Sun Jan 12 05:19:42 PST 2003

That might have been me. The website at
http://www.caminosantiagocompostela.com is still alive and getting 1000+
hits a month mostly via the google search engine.

To edit websites, you need either a small personal computer or access to
some software via an internet cafe. I used the former approach by taking a
small handlheld computer with a built in modem. I occassional stayed in
hotels and used ther phone lines to put updates onto the website using some
ftp software. You can contact me offline if you want to know more at:

crawfordawebsiteprojects.demon.co.uk

-----Original Message-----
From: Road to Santiago Pilgrimage [mailto:GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU]On
Behalf Of Maura Santangelo
Sent: 12 January 2003 01:40
To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
Subject: Re: maintaining web pages/ internet access

Hello.

I plan to do the camino in May June of this year as a fundraiser (not my
sole motivation) for my favorite foundation (www.seva.org) and plan to
maintain a web page to keep people informed of our progress.  I would
like to hear from anyone who has done this during the camino, I seem to
recall someone from England who did the walk in two spurts, but cannot
now find his page.  Interested in  what problems were encountered, phone
access for this purpose, internet service providers, etc any and all
information and advice

Thank you

Maura