pilgrimage and intercultural contact - research project BTU

Kira Kosnick kosnickaTU-COTTBUS.DE
Mon Jan 6 05:01:34 PST 2003

I am writing as a lecturer in the World Heritage Studies program at
the Brandenburg Technical University in Cottbus, Germany, regarding a
possible research project we would like to initiate in the near future.

At the BTU Cottbus, we are currently thinking of exploring the
importance of the Road to Santiago pilgrimage as a place for
intercultural contact among Europeans, linking the East with the West
over many centuries. We are particularly interested in establishing
contacts with scholars or organizations in Eastern Europe, as many
people there embarked and are again embarking on their pilgrimage to
Spain. We would be happy to hear about/from any scholars, social
scientists or historians, who might be interested in or might already be
working on this or related topics. We would also like to get in touch
with individuals and organizations currently involved in organizing the
pilgrimage from Eastern European countries. I would be thankful for any
information or insights you could share with us!

With my best wishes for a peaceful new year,

Kira Kosnick, Ph.D.
World Heritage Studies / Intercultural Studies
Brandenburg Technical University
Cottbus, Germany
kosnickatu-cottbus.de