Gocamino guidelines again

davidson davidsonaETAL.URI.EDU
Wed Feb 26 08:22:31 PST 2003

I musty ask all gocamino-ers to please remember the following
guidelines: our mailboxes are getting fuller and fuller by the day and the
messages are needlessly long:

1/ if you are writing a personal note to someone  --
such as "amen" in one
or about someone's trying to decide between employment or pilgrimage,
--
please write the person directly.  Do NOT hit the reply button, but take the
time to write in their individual email addresses.

along that line:
if you are writing me to suggest items for the "Friends" newsletter (thank
you , thank you ) -- how about writing me directly
dgitlitzaaol.com

2/ do NOT allow your email program to copy the original message that you
are responding to.
That's what the subject header line is for. In some messages, I've seen
that we're copying at least 3 of the previous back-and-forths of the emails.
This is not necessary.

Thanks for taking a little more time before hitting the "reply" button.

Linda Davidson
coordinator
dgitlitzaaol.com