something wonderful has happened to GOCAMINO

Paul Newfield pcn01aWEBDSI.COM
Mon Feb 24 17:01:22 PST 2003

David,

I am not convinced that even now the Reply button will direct a reply ONLY to you, ands not to the list.  If the settings have been changed by the webmaster, will I have to now make some alterations in my own settings in order to activater it??
If so, I would appreciate someone telling me what settings to change.  It would be a great improvement to be able to direct messages to specific individuals when necessary.  It would cut down on the numerous "I agree with you" and "Thanks for the info" messages that the list is always getting.

Paul

.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: David planning Le Chemin de St Jacques/El Camino de Santiago
  To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
  Sent: Monday, February 24, 2003 4:32 PM
  Subject: something wonderful has happened to GOCAMINO

  Somebody must have reconfigured the pete.uri.edu list server to 1) filter out
  subscribe/unsubscribe requests, as Linda noted earlier, and 2) set up
  the headers so that a normal reply goes just to the sender rather than
  the whole list.    I just noticed the latter.    This means you'll need
  to "reply all" to send your reply to the whole list.   I think this is
  great because very often - especially in heated discussions - people
  tend to send replies that on reflection should have gone to the sender
  only rather than the whole list.

  If you change your mind about something you sent, it's easier to resend it
  to more people than to unsend it to more people, so I think this change
  represents progress, as it's more like most of the mailing lists I've been
  involved with since 1990 -
  but not like yahoo groups, which are set up unoptimally in my opinion.