something wonderful has happened to GOCAMINO

David planning Le Chemin de St Jacques/El Camino de Santiago caminoaOAKAPPLE.NET
Mon Feb 24 14:32:09 PST 2003

Somebody must have reconfigured the pete.uri.edu list server to 1) filter out
subscribe/unsubscribe requests, as Linda noted earlier, and 2) set up
the headers so that a normal reply goes just to the sender rather than
the whole list.    I just noticed the latter.    This means you'll need
to "reply all" to send your reply to the whole list.   I think this is
great because very often - especially in heated discussions - people
tend to send replies that on reflection should have gone to the sender
only rather than the whole list.

If you change your mind about something you sent, it's easier to resend it
to more people than to unsend it to more people, so I think this change
represents progress, as it's more like most of the mailing lists I've been
involved with since 1990 -
but not like yahoo groups, which are set up unoptimally in my opinion.