Vulgarities

Xosé Manuel Alvariño AlvaxmaAOL.COM
Sat Feb 22 22:29:21 PST 2003

In a message dated 2/22/2003 10:53:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mjdunnaTXUCOM.NET writes:

> this word as a "mild curse word" in most Latin American countries, as it is
> *much* stronger in many of them than it is in Spain.

Agreed. But aren't u making it 2 tragic?  LA is evolving linguistically at a
rapid pace. It is not as bad as it used to be. It is certainly distant from
carajo, pinche,  and mierda, for ej.... And, coño is totally authoctonous.
(But, just don't tell anybody, it is my all time favorite curse word in
Spanish!). I hope nobody is offended by this. I seriously believe that
analyzing curse words say a lot about the cultures they come from.

XM

XM