"mild" curse word

Joe & MJ mjdunnaTXUCOM.NET
Sat Feb 22 20:00:35 PST 2003

While I agree with Xose' about the common usage of con~o in Spain, DO
NOT use this word as a "mild curse word" in most Latin American
countries, as it is *much* stronger in many of them than it is in Spain.

For those who are delicate in their language usage (in English or in any
other language, i.e. you disapprove of swearing and / or don't use
anything stronger than "darn it")  the "dictionary meaning" of this word
would be highly offensive to you (slang term for female anatomy; 4
letters, beginning with "c").

Just a little cautionary note.
Maryjane Dunn
mjdunnatxucom.net

Richard, thank you  for taking the time to think through and write
your essay. I find it VERY valuable. I have gotten many important tips
from it.
I'd add one more word to your list: "coño!, " relatively mild curse word
understood EVERYWHERE in the peninsula (with other European
languages' variations) & many Latinamerican countries.

Abrazos d Xosé Manuel