From Leon: altitude corection

pieter pannevis p.pannevisaCHELLO.NL
Thu Feb 13 02:33:17 PST 2003

Dear all,
Hi Jeffrey
It's just by coincidence that I thought your remark was a bit faltering;
then I thought that I 've heard recently that it was not exact the highest
spot in the route, but just before or after - I forgot -, so I looked it up.
I do not like those GPS. Pedometers and Altitude things.
Belgium has some rather steep rocks for climbing but they do not reach high
The highest point in Belgium is:
If you are in the Eupen area, why not go to the highest point in Belgium,
the SIGNAL DE BOTRANGE ?  It lies at a (for Belgians) dazzling height of 694
m. There is a view tower and also a little artificial hill with an altitude
of 6 m. If you climb the staircase on the hill you will be at an altitude of
exactly 700 m above sea level.
I think for Holland we go as "high" as 321 meters and have no real rocks or
mountains.....
But we've great skies as Rembrandt knew....

As always !

Ultreya and good health to you !
Pieter and Trigo from Holland

mailto:p.pannevisachello.nl