American Pilgrims on the Camino/Gatherings

Maura Santangelo maurasantangeloaSTNY.RR.COM
Sun Dec 28 05:07:59 PST 2003

Ana,

if you remember that the US is the logical outcome of European
imperialistic aspirations, including Spanish aspirations, I don't see
where the problem for Europeans might be other than we might be looking
at unpleasant truths about ourselves. It is easier to blame the US for
imperialistic and racist attitudes so we do not have to look at how we
created the problem in the first place.

Maura