American Pilgrims on the Camino/Gatherings

Howard Mendes HMe347aAOL.COM
Sat Dec 27 11:37:34 PST 2003

I suppose it disturbs many of you that the US has arrogated the word American for itself.  But everywhere I go the terms seem synonymous.  We sing "God Bless America" and "America the Beautiful" so it seems to have special relevance to use the term for ourselves.  As for Canadians, they are North Amercans, Costa Ricans are Central Americans and Uruguayans are South Americans.  We all live in the Americas.  Simple isn't it?  Enough of geography lessons, now back to the Camino.  Howard Mendes, NYC now in NZ (which is "Down Under" to the chagrin of some Australians I am sure)