story telling

pieter pannevis p.pannevisaCHELLO.NL
Sat Dec 6 18:11:38 PST 2003

Dear all,

A friend of mine he is a storyteller by profession told me a similar idea as
Sue had (and I uses it when telling bedtime stories!)
Read the story or event you wanted to tell, let it sip in. Or makes notes on
your experiences. Memorize it well. Mark your highlights (emotional)
Discard the notes
Than let the storey take over as than you’re becoming the story: you ARE the
story and your telling it from the heart.
It might not be an accurate rendition, but it certainly responds the emotion
and ideas that are behind it

People (and you) will notice!
The folks are not interested it where you bought you bread
. No they want to
hear how (the pilgrims sharing or half a loaf you got from a lady
)
Story telling is not so much about facts it’s about emotions!

It’s like a famous photographer once said: photograph with the heart, feel
the emotions. Try to capture that moment. If you cannot do that how on earth
people would experience something looking at your photograph you made of it

If you feel them: you’re audience will feel it too!

pieter

---