post-camino - writing about one's experience of the Camino

Brooke Broadbent bbroadbentaSYMPATICO.CA
Wed Dec 3 12:24:39 PST 2003

Dear pilgrims and pilgrim-to-be,

I agree with Pieter Pannevis' posting. It takes skill and I'd add hard work to write one's Camino story. I also agree that some people will not understand or be terribly interested in your story. In my case I've been quite surprised how much interest there is in my manuscript.

I've developed my writing skills over the years and have published numerous articles three books. As a result I've developed the skills required. And I'd add that anyone reding this posting can develop the same skills. It's a matter of starting somewhere. Writing a piece about the Camino is a great place to start. Do it.

Seems to me that Sue Kenney was offering to give feedback on Camino writing. I'd be pleased to help aspiring authors.

Brooke Broadbent
author of Camino Power www.camino-power.com