post-camino - writing about one's experience of the Camino

Sue Kenney sue.kenneyaSYMPATICO.CA
Wed Dec 3 05:22:15 PST 2003

Galen,

You have a great story that people would love to hear. I encourage you to do the
presentation and let me know how I can help you as I have some experience now. I
have been speaking to many different groups including: storytelling at schools,
literary festivals, Chapters bookstore, inspirational key notes with corporate
clients and soon I will be doing the Sunday mass sermon at a United Church (I'm
a Catholic).  This Sunday I am a guest speaker at St. James Church Anglican
Church in Orillia at a candle light service for people in grief. They want to
hear the Camino story about the sorrow stones because it gives people hope.

I can't think of anything I would rather do than share the Camino with the world
at home. Please let me know how I can help you or anyone else on the list serv
to tell your story.

warmest regards,

Sue

sue.kenneyasympatico.ca

Galen Wilkerson wrote:
thinking of doing a presentation to various groups in the area about my
walk and adventure in France and Spain, also walking on the GR10 from
Hendaye to St. J-pdp beforehand, and returning to stay for 1 euro per day
in Santiago afterwards (including food and lodging), then living in my tent
in Toulouse for 3 weeks near the canal du midi, while trying and trying to
find a job in Europe, and finding out how to live for very little
there :),  and generally about how hard it is to "escape" the camino in
southern France.