post-camino...... Writing about the experience of the Camino

Galen Wilkerson galen_wilkersonaYAHOO.COM
Tue Dec 2 21:16:52 PST 2003

Hi Sally,

Yes, definitely travel writing.  I just sent another message to the list
about this.  I enjoy writing (when I have something to say), and I have
toyed with the idea of a webpage too.  Also, I have started contacting
local groups about presenting my walk to them.  I think especially in the
US we could really benefit from this, especially now.  Mark Twain mentioned
something about travel defeating ignorance, and he is very right, not that
I think "doing good" is a good reason to do this, but rather because I
enjoy it and could share it.

In fact, I've already submitted my camino journal to a publisher who's
interested in writings about backpacking in europe.  Maybe I should edit a
book about the camino!

Galen