a "Christian" camino?

Rebekah Scott rebritesaYAHOO.COM
Sun Apr 27 16:00:44 PDT 2003

Why can't we all just get along?  Rose is Christian. The guy from out west is not. We all walk the Camino. Nobody is any more right than the other.  It's this hypersensitivity and arrogance, that two-headed monster, that create all kinds of conflict and destroy what the Camino is meant to build up.  It's impossible to "de-Christianize" the Road. It's also possible to over-analyze and pick apart its meaning and history. But at the end of the day, its great charm and compelling power lies in its mystery.  And that's the stuff that dreams, and myths, and religions are made on. It's utterly human, and very beautiful -- not to be dissed as "fairy tales" and "cults."  I am always taken by the  irony of  how those who trumpet "diversity" and "tolerance" are the same ones who use  divisive language and ask questions that start with "how can They...?"  The camino predates both Christianity and Islam and atheism. I'll bet it outlasts them all, too. (I hope it does!)  Yours,Rebekah

Rebekah Scott, journalista
'The more I learn, the less I know.'