Rosina Lila's Posting this morning

Rosina Lila BlaroliaAOL.COM
Sun Apr 27 15:39:02 PDT 2003

A dispassionate reading of my message will reveal that it says that I have
been mystified by the seeming effort of some pilgrims to "deChristianize" the
Camino,  certainly not by the desire of anyone  to walk it.
I'd dearly love to be allowed to make the pilgrimage to Mecca for cultural,
humanistic and educational purposes, but If I were ever permitted to do so I
just cannot begin to imagine myself attempting to minimize its Islamic
significance.
I've been to pilgrimages to Shinto sites in Japan and Hindu  sites in India,
but I have done so as a respectful observer grateful for the experience and
much  moved by the religious faith of those who maintain such sites alive
years in and years out.. I've also, in a way, shared in some way the
spiritual rewards of such endeavors though being of a different faith; but I
have never, in any way, sought to question or to attribute to other
motivations the religious allure of such endeavors.
Hopefully this will clarify the tenor of my message.
Regards,
Rosina