Hello from new member

Ralph Alcorn RBALCORNaCS.COM
Sun Apr 27 16:23:39 PDT 2003

This group is hard to find - We've been gathering Camino info for about three
years, and just stumbled across this listserv today. We walked from
Roncevalles to Santiago in 2001 during 9/11, and had planned to do a segment
from Le Puy this month, but family illness stopped us. Plan to do it later,
and still talking about whether we would do the entire Camino again.

We have a website with one long page on the Camino <A HREF="www.backpack45.com/camino2.html/">
www.backpack45.com/camino2.html</A> . This is a page of practical info from
experienced backpackers on the how to and what's it like of walking from
Roncevalles to Santiago. We have the Camino page because we had such a
difficult time when we initially tried to find information. If you have some
concise essential information that you think needs to be on that page, please
let me know. For example, I am going to add a line about this listserv today.

We're in our sixties, still love backpacking, and want to encourage more
people, especially older women to get out there and enjoy it. We have a lot
of experience, and we only talk about things we know - an emphasis on the
John Muir Trail and the Camino. We do have a section where we talk about gear
- the things we use and like. We are convinced that ultralight is essential
if people are going to continue to backpack at our age.

Not to hide anything, our site also has a business purpose. We have published
a "stories and how to" book about mostly older women who are backpacking and
still enjoying it.

Thanks,
Ralph Alcorn
rbalcornabackpack45.com