Oloron Ste. Marie - Refugio

Bob Spenger rspengeraADELPHIA.NET
Wed Apr 16 14:11:51 PDT 2003

With the exeption of SJPP, France does not have refugios specifically for
pilgrims - as far as I have been able to tell. There are gites which are open
to all travelers, including pilgrims. In Oloron, I was directed to an
Hebergement by the tourist office. This was an establishment for young
people, but was open to pilgrims of all ages. I spent the night there on May
17, 2000. There were very few other residents that night and I had a large
room to myself. I had also stayed at similar quarters in Toulouse and Auch.
The latter two are described in the CSJ guide. On checking, I find no
reference there to the one in Oloron; that's why I assume that I must have
learned about it from the T.O. The price at the Hebergement was 52 French
francs - around 8 dollars at that time.

regards,

Bob  Spenger