sloping up or down

Daniel De Kay dandekayaSBCGLOBAL.NET
Mon Sep 23 12:56:07 PDT 2002

Yep, the Camino is much more than a long walk!!  I´m in Villafranca right now, upstairs in the Goya Bar.  Perhaps you remember it?  Great wines here....
 "Gist, Megan" wrote:Bruce-  you are a gem.  thanks for the maps.....i will need them.  fortunately, as well, my better half is a part-time topographer and works with the forest service in the rocky mountains.  with him around, i can never get lost (which could be a good or bad thing- ha ha).  so i think what you sent me indicates that i will be walking  rather "flat" terrain.  thanks for the priceless info!  daniel- hope you are having a wonderful camino experience!  ULTREYA! -mcg-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce McLean [mailto:b_mcleanaTELUSPLANET.NET]
Sent: Monday, September 23, 2002 11:30 AM
To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
Subject: Re: Only 10 days, unfortunately

"Gist, Megan" wrote: Also...QUESTION......what is the total altitude climb/slope from Sarria to Compostela?  i've been hiking terrain that slopes up-hill 1000 feet/620 meters in about 1km/.03 miles.  how STEEP is the walk, REALLY?Profiles for the entire route are available at http://perso.wanadoo.fr/camino-frances/Gener/cadres5.htm
        feuille 1,2,3&4