sloping up or down

Gist, Megan mgistaKELLER.EDU
Mon Sep 23 12:50:36 PDT 2002

Bruce-  you are a gem.  thanks for the maps.....i will need them.
fortunately, as well, my better half is a part-time topographer and works
with the forest service in the rocky mountains.  with him around, i can
never get lost (which could be a good or bad thing- ha ha).  so i think what
you sent me indicates that i will be walking  rather "flat" terrain.  thanks
for the priceless info!

daniel- hope you are having a wonderful camino experience!  ULTREYA!

-mcg

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce McLean [mailto:b_mcleanaTELUSPLANET.NET]
Sent: Monday, September 23, 2002 11:30 AM
To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
Subject: Re: Only 10 days, unfortunately

"Gist, Megan" wrote:

Also...QUESTION......what is the total altitude climb/slope from Sarria to
Compostela?  i've been hiking terrain that slopes up-hill 1000 feet/620
meters in about 1km/.03 miles.  how STEEP is the walk, REALLY?

Profiles for the entire route are available at
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/camino-frances/Gener/cadres5.htm
<http://perso.wanadoo.fr/camino-frances/Gener/cadres5.htm>
        feuille 1,2,3&4