What about walking sticks?

Daniel De Kay dandekayaSBCGLOBAL.NET
Mon Sep 23 12:00:16 PDT 2002

Hola Peregrina,
I´m now in Villafranca del Bierzo, a day or so past the Iron Cross.  DO bring a stone from home, by the time you get to the cross you´ll want to do your own ceremony there.  As for gloves, lightweight polypro that covers the fingers are good.  I gave up my raingear in favor of an umbrella, much easier to use -no sweating in the raingear-  also, you can get a walking stick in many, many places along the way for 3 or 4 Euros (same as a dollar, basically) if you want one.  I use one and find it good for the ups and downs, when I have sore feet and when the tendonitits sets in.  A few reality checks... people WILL snore so bring a couple of sets of earplugs -good ones-  bring less than you think you´ll need, weight is a real issue in the backpack... and expect to have sore feet, blisters, tendonitis, etc.  Don´t know if you know about this stuff but all over Europe you can get Compeed, much better than moleskin for blisters (I haven´t been following your messages so don´t know w!
here you are coming from)...    ¡Buen Camino!    Daniel

 Lia Laura Puglesi wrote:
talking about the glovs, do you recomend regular gloves I mean those that cover all the hand and fingers or those gloves that cover just the hand and have holes for the fingers? In summertiem isn't it  too hot to have polypropilene gloves all the time?

Lia.

Hi friends: check my links, please.Hola amigos: hagan "click" en mis links (en azul):

<A HREF="http://rainforest.care2.com/i?p=863492549">Join Care2.com's Race for the Rain Forest!</A>

<A HREF="http://bigcats.care2.com/i?p=478557766">Join Care2.com's Race for the Big Cats!</A>

<A HREF="http://oceans.care2.com/i?p=655779106">Join Care2.com's Race for the Oceans!</A>