for Lisa

jim allen jallen08aTAMPABAY.RR.COM
Tue Sep 10 14:33:35 PDT 2002

Hola Lisa;

I rented a car at Barajas in 2001.  I had paid for a Ford Focus for 11 days.  When I appeared at the counter there was a lot of scrambling for files, envelopes, etc.  Finally the rental agent held up keys that had the familiar symbol of Mercedes and asked me if I could drive an automatic drive car.  Huh?  Yes, I could.  No extra charge.  A Mercedes 230 for 11 days.  Total cost 255.00.  I used my credit card for the additional coverage, to refuse the additional coverage, I mean.  We headed north out of Madrid for Avila, Vigo, Pontevedra, Santiago.  I was showing my wife the Camino backwards.
I will admit I had a hard time finding where to return the car but made it eventually.  I actually drove 100 mph three times on the super highways, both hands on the wheel.  WOW!!  The road do move under you fast.
Barajas is not so bad, verdad?

Jim Allen, Seminole, Fl