credential- a very good reason for purchasing it

Bob Spenger rspengeraADELPHIA.NET
Wed Oct 30 16:07:47 PST 2002

Yes, my message was joking, but only about it being a possible
alternative. I did not make up the part about the availability of
completed credencials being on sale. Perhaps it comes under the category
of "Urban Legend," but the thread was short. The people who observed
this practice told several others in the refugio about it and one of
them told me. I should have checked with the people who were reported to
have seen the shop, but I didn't think of it when I spoke with them some
time much later. If it is indeed true, I am not really surprised that it
has come to this. Phony pilgrim gear is available in profusion at many
tourist shops in Santiago and along the way as well. This is just one
more step, however misguided. In Spain, as well as anywhere else, there
are always those who will do anything to make a buck, or a euro, or
whatever.

regards,

Robert