Madrid to SJPP assistance

Robert Ward robertwardaGOSYMPATICO.CA
Sat Oct 5 11:49:26 PDT 2002

It might be possible to go via Pamplona-Roncesvalles to SJPP in one day, though I'm sure it would be hectic (evening bus to Pamplona, then a taxi to SJPP.) When I last went, I took the overnight train from Madrid, disembarked at Bayonne early in the morning, and caught the first local to SJPP. I arrived not long after noon - early enough that I could have walked to Valcarlos if I'd wanted (I stayed at the refuge in SJPP instead to rest up.) hope that helps.