Cell phones vs prayer

Ana Young ayoung2001aYAHOO.COM
Mon Mar 25 04:46:32 PST 2002

If your
> worried about your
> family back home, just maybe, you should be with
> them and not on the
> Camino,

I do find a lot of "worry" about families especially
among the American pilgrims, it seems. With the
exception of the mother of the young kids - whose
concerns I can understand - there seems to be some
needless "worrying" about this and that with the
family. So I agree with Leonard on this. I don't call
my family from the Camino, I send them occasional
e-mails except for one initial call to my mom who
doesn't have a computer.

or if your worried about a mishap on the
> Camino then maybe this
> type of trek is beyond you.

However, I feel a mishap on the Camino can happen to
anyone, whether the trek is "beyond you" or fits you
like a glove. It doesn't hurt to be prepared for the
possibility of getting hurt. I don't carry a cell
phone but I don't see the harm in carrying one as long
as your "worrying" doesn't keep you too much on the
phone and off the pilgrim's trail.

Just remember - this is a pilgrimage. There's risk
involved. We Americans tend to want to cover every
eventuality, that's what insurance is such a big
business with us. Relax and go with the flow ... ;-)

Go for it!
Ana