Worry on the Camino

Leonie Galil LgalilaAOL.COM
Mon Mar 25 06:13:47 PST 2002

Ana,
your observation that Americans seem to worry more than pilgrims from other
places is understandable considering that there is an ocean between them and
Spain and that there is the ever present threat of a 9/11 on their mind.
After reading all the pros and cons I decided I would not take a phone, but
to let the Camino unfold and deal with situations as they arise. After all,
people did the pilgrimage way before there were phones, GPS or whatever and
did survive and those who did not make it would probably have dropped dead
whether they had a phone or not.
With that I wish everybody a safe and memorable pilgrimage.
Leonie