Refugios

Dale Marie mrsmarieaBLUEWIN.CH
Mon Mar 4 22:47:12 PST 2002

Hi Bill,

I am leaving at around the same time as you so the opening of the refugios
is also a concern for me.  From what I can gather MOST of the refugios are
open - the 'official' opening time being Easter.  However, you shouldn't
have any problem between SJPP and Burgos (most of the refugios open limited
beds in the winter with very few being totally closed all year round).  I'm
assuming an approximate timetable here but I am supposing that you will not
pass Burgos before Easter.  Forgive me if I'm wrong!

Hope this information is of help to you - I hope it proves itself to be
correct!  I've done as much research into it as possible and so I'll also be
knocking on refugio doors in the hope that they will, indeed, be opened!

Regards,

Dale M.