Refugios

Joe and Lydia Banales lydiaaBANALES.NET
Mon Mar 4 20:58:09 PST 2002

The refugios usually have one large sleeping room with double bunks.
Sometimes two bunks are pushed together making a double on the bottom
and another on the top. Some refugios, the older ones, have multiple
rooms of different sizes. But they only open the extra rooms when the
main room is full. There were mattresses and sometimes pillows, but I
would advise at least a sleep sheet and at best a very light sleeping
bag. Someone else will have to speak to when the refugios open. My
experience is limited. Have a wonderful journey. Lydia