solo walker

Howard Mendes HMe347aAOL.COM
Sun Mar 3 06:51:57 PST 2002

In a message dated 3/2/2002 10:17:20 PM Eastern Standard Time,
sue.kenneyaSYMPATICO.CA writes:

> I remember
> thinking when I was on the Meseta that if something happened to me here,
> no one would ever know. I would just dissappear.

As additional comfort for solo walkers and women, I've read that Spain has
strict laws that protect pilgrims from harm.  There are supposedly very
severe penalties imposed against criminals who are found guilty of crimes
committed against pilgrims.  I do not know the exact nature of these laws or
when they have originated, but I'm sure that most potential wrongdoers are
aware of these laws.  Howard Mendes, NYC