sleeping bag discussion

Norman Bone bone1966aYAHOO.COM
Tue Jun 4 09:41:11 PDT 2002

Leslie said:
"Arghh, I hate when people start arguing like this!  It could be hot in
October, it could be cold. I went in July - I roasted in La Rioja and
froze to death in Rabanal.  "

Howard wrote:
"There is no rule book, I agree.  But, there is the benefit of
practical
experience.  You can get along without a sleeping bag in the warmer
months.
The blankets I got at refugios were all clean.  I don't think that you
should
pass along inacurate information.  If someone is overly concerned about
hygiene, thay should not stay at refugios.  However, not to stay is to
miss
out on one of the highlights of the Camino.  At least it was for me.
If you
are cold at night, you can always sleep in clothes.  "

I say:

The original poster did not state where they were starting their Camino
or what route they were going to follow. Therefore only general advice
can be given and generally speaking a lightweight down sleeping bag
would be sound advice. I've noticed that many on this list assume that
the Camino is the Camino Frances only. I would suggest that when
someone posts a question without specifying which Camino route they are
following, either ask them to clarify or give a very general answer.
Just my 2 cents,
Norman Bone
Portland, OR

PS. Please post in plain text format to the list and not HTML.