I leave Saturday

Rosina Lila BlaroliaAOL.COM
Wed Jul 3 10:30:42 PDT 2002

Hi Jack,
I'll be glad to light a candle for you at Mass.
When in Leon, do go to the museum attached to the Cathedral. The Modern Art
section has some hauntingly beautiful pictures. I am fairly obsessed with one
painted by Jose Manuel Chamarro called "San Francisco" which depicts San
Francis descending a mountain on his way to Santiago.  There's little I
wouldn't do to have a copy of the painting.  Alas!, there wasn't even a
postcard of it (the museum keepers, bemused by my repeated visits to the
Museum to gaze at the painting, let me take a few photographs of it).  Oddly,
or providentially, while walking myself I took a picture of a pilgrim walking
in front of me in the rain, that uncannily  resembles the painting. -I may
put both pictures here, for all to see, or will send actual copies to anyone
interested-.
Warm regards to all,
Rosina