I leave Saturday

Jack Beard jackandbeckyaEARTHLINK.NET
Wed Jul 3 09:06:59 PDT 2002

I'll be signing off the list on Friday and flying out of Boston on Saturday.  Enjoyed all the posting and will be back when I'm back.

The plan is to arrive in Madrid on Sunday.  Train to Leon and start walking.  I fly back on the 28th.

If you do that kind of thing, light a candle for me.  My knee has been giving me a little trouble and Friday night gout attacked my toe.  Is my body rebelling or just getting old?

I've got the new shoes and the new pack and I've been walking.  I'm confident things will go just fine.

One foot in front of the other and eyes on the horizon,

Jack Beard (a name Spanish speakers seem to have trouble pronouncing)