Rock Cairns

Sue Kenney sue.kenneyaSYMPATICO.CA
Thu Jan 24 10:03:16 PST 2002

Russ,

It's my honour to be able to tell a story. Thanks for listening.

I have heard of others with powereful connections with their walking stick. I met a pilgrim who ended up
leaving his walking stick at the Cathedral in Santiago, outside the front doors. It was one of the most
difficult things for him to do but he felt that he must leave it behind so that it would guide someone
else. Another American I met had a 'huge' walking stick that found him along the way, and he was taking
it home with him as well.

It's almost as though the stick or the stone takes on some of our spirit. Some of our soul. Like it
knows who we are and acts as a mirror to remind us what is important in life. Somehow it is alive.

Another gift of the Camino.

Sue