Safety Issues

Ed ed_maddenaLINEONE.NET
Tue Jan 15 12:12:58 PST 2002

What mean dogs?   What statistics is there on the number of mean dogs?  Is
it any worse than walking down my own street?  Maybe you can walk the Camino
and never see a dog?

Though I guess it only takes a bad experience with one dog, to give you the
willies.  So carrying a stick is probably the best deterrent - and it's also
useful for walking!

Ed
(Ware, Herts, UK)

----- Original Message -----
From: lmorris
To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2002 6:23 PM
Subject: Re: Safety Issues

Hi Michele,
        I think the big concern is not the Basques but the mean dogs on the
Camino. Does any one have any advice as to how to handle these %&*#a
dogs, and to how to protect your self?  Being attacked once by a dog, I
like to avoid them at all cost.  Don't know how SM's advice will work,
shoot a big red heart at them and hope it confuses them.. Hmmmmm,  I
think I will carry a big stick.
any thoughts?

leonard

---